- We got health insurance for the first time! Seems monumental somehow...
- Niel heads to America on Tuesday; he's going for a whirlwind four-week trip. It's been a hectic week trying to get everything ready, but things are coming together.
- Just today I finished up work on the sixth curriculum I've worked on in the past several weeks. Some I wrote, some I edited. All took a long time. As much as I enjoy it, I'm glad to be done. For now.
- I was challenged to amend my work/email habits to make my days more productive: to only check email 3 times a day, and keep my Outlook switched "offline" in between. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to take the plunge yet. Maybe in the week(s) ahead.
- Finishing and finishing well are completely different goals. That will yield completely different results.
- I was reminded that to maximize His impact, Jesus focused His time and energy on a select few. There is freedom in that for me, because I often feel the pressure of being torn in many directions. There isn't enough of me to go around. But there wasn't of Jesus either. Even though the 9 would have complained and disagreed with His "special favors" for the 3, He continued to put His best into the best.
- Is my spiritual "will to live" strong enough that I will do whatever it takes to get to the bread of life and living water?
- Just like Caleb, I want to "think differently and follow God completely".