Fifteen days blog-free and I just can't take it anymore. I think that's the longest I've gone without posting since I started blogging back in 2005! What initially began as a pause while my blog got her makeover, eventually grew into a much-needed hiatus. And while I still don't feel like I have much worth saying right now, I'm anxious to write, read, and connect again.
The Grit's facelift is the handiwork of Shauna at See My Designs. We're still working out a few wrinkles, but I'm loving having my own unique site. And Shauna's been a joy to work with. If you're ready to jump into the deep end of a custom design, check her out. Let her know I sent you! (Maybe I'll get some brownie points...)
Since my mojo's gone missing (anyone seen it?), I'm hoping you can give me some bloggerific ideas. Ask questions, tell me stories, shake up my creative juices... Let me know what you want to hear about at the Grit.
I've missed your voices! I wanna hear from you...
Did you know the Bible doesn't tell us that God won't give us more than we can handle? It's not in there. I've looked.
It does tell us that He won't let us be tempted beyond what we can bear. There's the promise that in every moment we feel inclined to sin, there is a way out. We need to look for that door and walk through it.
But to me that's a very different promise than the one most people walk around (mis-)quoting.
What do you think? Do you think God won't give us more than we can handle?
Time for some Q&A. My Qs, your As. Wait a minute...??? Never mind. Moving right along. Here are ten questions. Feel free to answer one or all of them. Don't think too hard---just write the first thing that pops into your brain. And you can give short answers or long, it's entirely up to you.
- Breakfast for dinner---yay or nay?
- What's your favorite Christmas tradition?
- Do you prefer Starbucks or no-frills coffee shops?
- What's your biggest hope for 2009?
- What's your least favorite noise?
- What song best describes you today?
- What's the oddest thing in view, right now, wherever you are?
- What are you praying most for yourself these days?
- What's your favorite nickname (your own or someone else's)?
- What's one blog I should read that you don't think I already am?