The top ten things I've learned in the past few weeks: 10. Blowing bubbles makes me feel light-headed. I am reminded of my short-lived career as a flutist in junior high. Playing the flute made me light-headed too, so I had to quit.
9. Sleep is a gift from God.
8. Changing diapers is like riding a bike. After many years of not doing it, I started out a little slow and rusty. But I’ve got it down pat now. My high school babysitting days have really paid off this month.
7. Music is therapy for my soul.
6. It truly takes a village to raise a child. I don’t know how single parents do it. I don’t even know how double parents do it.
5. Starbucks is not overrated.
4. Change is hard. It’s not that I didn’t already know that, but it's been reinforced this month.
3. Sometimes doing all you can do is all you can do.
2. I need to hear I am loved. Knowing it just isn’t enough. Which means I need to say it more than I do to those I love.
1. My new favorite smell is newborn.