Some great quotes on courage from Andy Stanley's Next Generation Leader.
- "A leader is someone who has the courage to say publicly what everybody else is whispering privately. It is not his insight that sets the leader apart from the crowd. It is his courage to act on what he sees, to speak up when everyone else is silent."
- "Leaders instill courage in the hearts of those who follow." (Or my take: Courageous leadership infuses courage in others.)
- "As leaders we are asking men and women not only to follow us to a place they have never been before; we are asking them to follow us to a place we have never been before either. That takes guts. That takes nerve. That takes courage."
- "Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage assumes fear... Courage is the willingness to strap on your fear and move ahead."
- "Failure looks and feels completely different in the rearview mirror than it does when it is staring at us through the windshield."
- "Capital follows courage. The courage to dream always precedes the capital needed to finance the dream. Don't be afraid to embrace a problem you cannot afford to solve."
- "You can't lead without taking risk."
- "Wherever there is fear, there is opportunity. Wherever there is great fear, there is great opportunity."